Rooted begins next week!
We had an awesome training yesterday as we gear up for one of the most significant seasons in Mission's history! As influencers and stakeholders at Mission, Mission Group Leaders and Spark Group Leaders alike, there are a few things we need to be doing before Rooted kicks off next week.
1. Pray for your group
Of course this is always a good idea... but pray specifically for your group members at least once this week by name. Pray for their excitement about the Rooted Journey, for them to hear God's voice as He moves them toward trust and generosity, and for them to be open and ready to share in group!
2. Get everyone to week 1 of rooted
We've been announcing Rooted for the last couple weeks because getting to week 1 makes a difference! Each week of Rooted will be important, but week 1 will be foundational. Invite your group members to the service you're attending, lead with excitement and tell them how important week 1 will be, and connect with them individually to make sure they get there!
Don't forget to bring your Rooted journal if you have one already!
3. keep going on the journey personally
As we talked about in training yesterday, the most important thing we can all do for our people is to go on the journey ourselves. So spend some time this week (with your Rooted journal if you have one already!) asking God some of the big 5 questions!
- Where do I need to trust You more?
- What could I sacrifice for Your kingdom?
- What am I holding on too tightly to that I need to surrender?
- How could I best demonstrate faithful obedience to You?
- What are You asking me to give out of the overflow of thankfulness for what You've done for me?
Can you help at the Rooted Hub?
We are creating a space in the lobby for all things Rooted! It will be a place where people can pick up journals, wristbands, ask questions, and learn more about the Rooted Journey!
The Rooted Hub is going to be staffed by awesome volunteers who are...
- excited about the journey we are going on
- ready to point people toward next steps and what's coming up
- helpful by either answering questions about Rooted or helping people find the right person to answer a question!
I couldn't think of any better batch of people to help out at the Rooted Hub at some point over the next 5 weeks than group leaders and hosts!
The role consists of...
- 30 minutes before, 5-10 minutes into, and 15 minutes after a service
- anywhere from 1 service in the series to as many as you can!
- excitement! I'll get you all the info and tools you need!