This weekend we heard some big updates on Mission's building, what to expect this fall, and how we can all continue "making space" for the people in our world who don't yet know the hope of Christ. Don't miss the dessert this Saturday to hear more info and ask any questions you may have!
MAKING SPACE DESSERT
SATURDAY, MAY 21 @ 7:00 PM
Missed the big announcement? Check out the video below!
We are a group of imperfect people pursuing a perfect God. We exist to help each other find and follow Christ. These are some things we want to be true of our group:
- We create a safe and honest environment, staying transparent and authentic.
- We keep it inside the circle. Confidentiality is necessary for a healthy group.
- We look together to the Bible for help and guidance, and keep out our own politics, sales, or agendas.
- We do not try to fix each other, preach sermons, or give unsolicited advice. We instead encourage, listen to, and celebrate each other.
- We handle conflict between us quickly and honestly by going to the person, owning our part, and practicing forgiveness.
- We respect each others’ time by starting and ending when we say we will.
- We trust that it is God’s role to change people, not ours.
- We believe that in Jesus Christ, there is hope for everyone.
We all have our good and bad habits. Habits that give us meaning and habits that leave us empty. During this series, we'll be challenged together to create some new habits that will in turn create something new in us.
Mike Hickerson and Jim Sheldon walked through the story of Mission Church, and how prayer played a pivotal part at each juncture. Hearing God's subtle call in the beginning stages, specific needs being met in the very last minute, and praying for new friends in Ventura that needed the hope of new life in Christ... prayer always came first. Their challenge to us was simple: pray about who God may be asking us to "make space" for by inviting and praying for consistently.
- What are some of your reactions when you hear the story of Mission and all that God has done so far?
- Have you ever been invited by someone to be a part of something meaningful? What was it? What's it like to be invited in?
- Have you ever invited someone into something meaningful? What did that mean to you, or to the person you invited in?
- When have you had to trust God to come through for you or your family? What was the waiting period like? Did prayer play a part in the waiting?
- We heard about this new journey of "making space" for more people to find and follow Christ, and what it's going to take. When it comes to prayer, how might God be asking you to make space for the people in your world?
- What do you think about the question that Mike encouraged us all to consider: Who can I be praying for so I can take a risk and invite them in?
- Find a tangible way to keep the idea of praying for the people in your world in front of you this week. Make a schedule for yourself, post sticky notes around your house, set reminders on your phone... whatever it takes to make sure that you spend that time and make it a priority!