We read this statement together before every group discussion! It helps transition the group to discussion time, it reaffirms our highest values, and sets a tone of trust, consistency, and safety for everyone in the group.
We are a group of imperfect people pursuing a perfect God. We exist to help each other find and follow Christ. These are some things we want to be true of our group:
- We create a safe and honest environment, staying transparent and authentic.
- We keep it inside the circle. Confidentiality is necessary for a healthy group.
- We look together to the Bible for help and guidance, and keep out our own politics, sales, or agendas.
- We do not try to fix each other, preach sermons, or give unsolicited advice. We instead encourage, listen to, and celebrate each other.
- We handle conflict between us quickly and honestly by going to the person, owning our part, and practicing forgiveness.
- We respect each others’ time by starting and ending when we say we will.
- We trust that it is God’s role to change people, not ours.
- We believe that in Jesus Christ, there is hope for everyone.
- What was the best and worst part of your week?
- Use the questions on page 34 of your Seamless book to discuss the homework you've done the past week!
The videos this session set up a closing discussion in group, wrap up the previous week's study, and preview the homework we do in the coming week.
- Use the discussion questions on page 35 to discuss the video you just watched!
WEEK 2: PAGES 36-59
We'll start next week's group by discussing Week 2's homework.
Do what you can and don't stress... it's meant to be quality time spent with God, not something to be simply checked off the to-do list!