This is our second to last time of meeting before this session of Spark groups comes to an end. Can you believe it? We hope that you have had the great pleasure of...
(1) witnessing relationships form and deepen between women and their God, and
(2) watching friendships start and flourish among the women in your group.
Know that by opening up your home and heart that YOU had a hand in women growing closer to God and each other.
We’re asking God to give you a supernatural love for each woman in your group and a deep desire to be a servant leader as we’re in the home stretch of the time we have with them. Will you bathe these last two weeks of Spark groups in prayer as well? Prayer can affect our enthusiasm and willingness to serve in any capacity.
Week Five: My Hope is in the Lord
- As this session of Spark groups is winding down, reflect on your hopes and prayers for your group. Our hope is that the women in these groups would leave with two habits that last us a lifetime:
(1) continuing to seek out and foster authentic friendships with other women, and
(2) continuing to spend time with God praying and in His word; following His ways so that as Beth puts in on page 99: “her life actually works.”
Let it be so, Lord!
- Follow up with anyone who hasn’t been very consistent in their attendance, letting them know that there are only two more sessions and that you’d love it if they could make it to them both.
- Remind whoever signed up to bring refreshments that it’s their week to bring them!
We are a group of imperfect people pursuing a perfect God. We exist to help each other find and follow Christ. We aim to passionately love Jesus, ruthlessly eliminate ego, courageously live in grace and truth, confidently know who we are in Christ, unconditionally trust God, intentionally live better stories, and selflessly extend compassion.
These are some things we want to be true of our group:
- We create a safe and honest environment, staying transparent and authentic.
- We keep it inside the circle. Confidentiality is necessary for a healthy group.
- We look together to the Bible for help and guidance, and keep out our own politics, sales, or agendas.
- We do not try to fix each other, preach sermons, or give unsolicited advice. We instead encourage, listen to, and celebrate each other.
- We handle conflict between us quickly and honestly by going to the person, owning our part, and practicing forgiveness.
- We respect each others’ time by starting and ending when we say we will.
- We trust that it is God’s role to change people, not ours.
- We believe that in Jesus Christ, there is hope for everyone.
- Describe your week so far in one word; then explain why you chose that word.
- How did the homework go for you this week? Were you able to get to all of it? Some of it?
- Flipping through week five’s homework, overall, what stood out to you the most? What day had the most impact on you?
- From Day One (page 123) Could you or someone you love use the reminder that we’ve all sinned? If so, why? OR on page 123, a terrible state of isolation is described, have you ever experience this kind of isolation? If so, describe your encounter with it.
- From Day Two (page 127) Psalm 130 tells us that our covenant God not only redeems but also He redeems in full. What does that mean to you today?
- On Day Three, (page 134) How do you deal with questions that seem to have no answers? If you deal with them poorly, say so. An honest appraisal is always best. If you’ve found a good way to deal with them, share it.
- On Day Four (page 136) Which segment of scripture about the ways in which God parents speaks most personally to you, why?
- Day five (page 141) If you can relate on any level, please share where God stirred passion in you for His presence, His glory, or His activity. Try to be specific.
- Use the last 15 minutes of group to open it up to any prayer requests and close in prayer.
- End the study on time, letting people hang out if you can/want to.
EASTER AT MISSION
Everyone is invited to celebrate Easter at Mission! This is a great chance to invite the people in your world to Mission, a place where you can come as you are, experience grace & truth, belong in community and find that there really is Hope For Everyone! Check out the service times above, and don't miss this awesome weekend at Mission!
- Send around the prayer requests out after group each gathering so they can be praying for each other throughout the week. Encourage them to send around any more prayer requests that come up this week!