This week we get into the five benefits of knowing and believing God:
Benefit 1: Know God and believe him (Isa. 43:10)
Benefit 2: Glorify God (Isa. 43:7)
Benefit 3: Find satisfaction in God (Isa. 55:2)
Benefit 4: Experience God’s peace (Isa. 48:18)
Benefit 5: Enjoy God’s presence (Isa. 43:2-3)
God gives these gifts to every believer and for the next five weeks we will be focusing on them individually, week by week. Beth describes them as “snapshot pictures of what God intends for us to become, five glimpses of God’s heart.”
- Contact any group members who didn’t show up last week, let them know they were missed and encourage them to make it to group this week.
- Pray for the ladies in your group individually. Reach out to any women in your group whom God especially puts on your heart and mind.
- Remind whoever signed up to bring refreshments that it’s their week to bring them!
We are a group of imperfect people pursuing a perfect God. We exist to help each other find and follow Christ. These are some things we want to be true of our group:
- We create a safe and honest environment, staying transparent and authentic.
- We keep it inside the circle. Confidentiality is necessary for a healthy group.
- We look together to the Bible for help and guidance, and keep out our own politics, sales, or agendas.
- We do not try to fix each other, preach sermons, or give unsolicited advice. We instead encourage, listen to, and celebrate each other.
- We handle conflict between us quickly and honestly by going to the person, owning our part, and practicing forgiveness.
- We respect each others’ time by starting and ending when we say we will.
- We trust that it is God’s role to change people, not ours.
- We believe that in Jesus Christ, there is hope for everyone.
What is the best gift you’ve ever been given?
- Flipping through Week Two’s homework on “to know & believe Him,” which day had the most impact on you? Why?
- From Day One, page 31... which of the benefits means the most to you or that you must need in your life right now?
- From Day Two, page 38... What issue challenges your belief in God’s ability or desire to help you?
- From Day Three, page 40... Name someone you know who gives evidence that they really know God. What about this person is different from other people?
- Flipping through Day Four, what stuck out to you the most? Why do you think it had an impact on you?
- From Day Five, page 49... which passage in the margin did you choose to write your Scripture prayer? Why?
Next week's study
Session 4: To Glorify God
(now watch the video that sets up the week's homework below!)
The videos this session preview the homework that you'll do over the next week. Watch them after your discussion of the previous week's homework!
The videos are on YouTube, so you can watch them by connecting your computer to your TV with a video cable, or by using a simple casting device like a Chromecast, Roku Stick, Amazon Fire TV Stick, or Apple TV!
- Now pair up in two’s and revisit the last question. Share your Scripture prayer on page 49 with your partner and take turns praying them over each other.
Sunday may 15 @ 12:45 PM
If you're new around Mission or you've never attended a Mission Welcome Lunch, you're invited to come hear how Mission got started, meet the staff, connect with others who are new and hear more about how you can get involved! Child care is provided and lunch is served. Click below to let us know you'll be there!
- Pray for your ladies throughout the week, asking God for any promptings on how He may use you to help draw them closer to Him.
- Contact anyone who didn't show up to group this week, letting them know they were missed and asking if they plan to join you all in the future. Update your CCB group as you hear of additions/subtractions to your group.