We are a group of imperfect people pursuing a perfect God. We exist to help each other find and follow Christ. These are some things we want to be true of our group:
We create a safe and honest environment, staying transparent and authentic.
We keep it inside the circle. Confidentiality is necessary for a healthy group.
We look together to the Bible for help and guidance, and keep out our own politics, sales, or agendas.
We do not try to fix each other, preach sermons, or give unsolicited advice. We instead encourage, listen to, and celebrate each other.
We handle conflict between us quickly and honestly by going to the person, owning our part, and practicing forgiveness.
We respect each others’ time by starting and ending when we say we will.
We trust that it is God’s role to change people, not ours.
We believe that in Jesus Christ, there is hope for everyone.
- Are you past, present, or future-oriented?
Most of these questions are also in your [SEVEN] book, but you can find extras or additions here.
- What do you want people to say about you at your funeral?
- Who do you (or don't you) want to end up like?
- John used the "Big Five" to summarize his desirable future (Life/Self, Marriage, Family, Work, Church). In which of these areas do you have the strongest vision for the future? What about the weakest?
- Is the path you're on now leading to your desirable future? If not, what is one thing you need to change so it's on track?
- Try going through the "Desirable Future Exercise" together from page 41.
Question 6: What About Women?
Use the last 15 minutes of group to ask if anyone has any prayer requests and close in prayer. Send around the prayer requests out to the group so everyone can be praying throughout the week.