We are a group of imperfect people pursuing a perfect God. We exist to help each other find and follow Christ. These are some things we want to be true of our group:
We create a safe and honest environment, staying transparent and authentic.
We keep it inside the circle. Confidentiality is necessary for a healthy group.
We look together to the Bible for help and guidance, and keep out our own politics, sales, or agendas.
We do not try to fix each other, preach sermons, or give unsolicited advice. We instead encourage, listen to, and celebrate each other.
We handle conflict between us quickly and honestly by going to the person, owning our part, and practicing forgiveness.
We respect each others’ time by starting and ending when we say we will.
We trust that it is God’s role to change people, not ours.
We believe that in Jesus Christ, there is hope for everyone.
- Do you think the temptation of beauty fill ever go away for you? When did it first show up in your life?
Most of these questions are also in your [SEVEN] book, but you can find extras or additions here.
- Men want to be faithful husbands and fathers, so why is the temptation of beauty such a struggle?
- Why do we hide sexual sin more than other types of sin?
- Whatever desire you struggle with, how do you know when healthy desire crosses the line into sin?
- Have you sought help in this area before? How did it go?
- Where do you need help in this area right now? Who can help you in that way?
Question 7: Who Can I Trust?
Use the last 15 minutes of group to ask if anyone has any prayer requests and close in prayer. Send around the prayer requests out to the group so everyone can be praying throughout the week.