We are a group of imperfect people pursuing a perfect God. We exist to help each other find and follow Christ. These are some things we want to be true of our group:
We create a safe and honest environment, staying transparent and authentic.
We keep it inside the circle. Confidentiality is necessary for a healthy group.
We look together to the Bible for help and guidance, and keep out our own politics, sales, or agendas.
We do not try to fix each other, preach sermons, or give unsolicited advice. We instead encourage, listen to, and celebrate each other.
We handle conflict between us quickly and honestly by going to the person, owning our part, and practicing forgiveness.
We respect each others’ time by starting and ending when we say we will.
We trust that it is God’s role to change people, not ours.
We believe that in Jesus Christ, there is hope for everyone.
- Give us these three quick one-word responses! Are you...
- an introvert or extrovert?
- task-oriented or people-oriented?
- structured or spontaneous?
- Do you like those things about yourself, or wish they were different?
Most of these questions are also in your SEVEN book, but you may find extras or additions here.
- What do you do repeatedly, successfully, and happily?
- If time, money, or education was not an issue, what would you do?
- What do you think you have to be, have or achieve in order to be significant? What feels like your destination or goal when it comes to being someone that matters?
- In Psalm 139:14, David says "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Do you feel wonderfully made, or do you have trouble seeing yourself as a good creation of God?
- Go through the D.E.S.I.G.N. Exercise on page 26 together, leaving a few minutes of space for anyone that didn't fill anything in beforehand.
- hat did you learn about yourself using this exercise?
- What do you need to think more about this week to understand how God has uniquely wired you?
Question 4: Why Am I Here?
Use the last 15 minutes of group to ask if anyone has any prayer requests and close in prayer. Send around the prayer requests out to the group so everyone can be praying throughout the week.