This week’s study covers a lot of territory. Everything from trusting God when life is hard; when Heseems far away, when He doesn’t answer the way we’d like, or when His answer is delayed to seeing God as the source of all that’s good in our lives; turning blessings we receive into actions. It’s true that in good times and bad we can trust God’s promises. This week we learn to cling to God’s presence through the valleys and celebrate the renewing of joy when it finally does come!
- Reach out to anyone who didn’t show up last week letting them know you hope she can join you all this week.
- Remind whoever signed up to bring refreshments that it’s their week to bring them.
We are a group of imperfect people pursuing a perfect God. We exist to help each other find and follow Christ. We aim to passionately love Jesus, ruthlessly eliminate ego, courageously live in grace and truth, confidently know who we are in Christ, unconditionally trust God, intentionally live better stories, and selflessly extend compassion.
These are some things we want to be true of our group:
- We create a safe and honest environment, staying transparent and authentic.
- We keep it inside the circle. Confidentiality is necessary for a healthy group.
- We look together to the Bible for help and guidance, and keep out our own politics, sales, or agendas.
- We do not try to fix each other, preach sermons, or give unsolicited advice. We instead encourage, listen to, and celebrate each other.
- We handle conflict between us quickly and honestly by going to the person, owning our part, and practicing forgiveness.
- We respect each others’ time by starting and ending when we say we will.
- We trust that it is God’s role to change people, not ours.
- We believe that in Jesus Christ, there is hope for everyone.
- What’s your all-time favorite vacation destination?
- Flipping through Week three’s homework, overall, what stood out to you the most? What day had the most impact on you?
- From Day One (page 68): How has insecurity caused you misery?
- From Day Two (page 75): How can we still say God has been good to us when He allowed us to encounter trouble and sorrow?
- On Day Three, (page 78): Describe a time when God did something that you could hardly believe and you knew you didn’t deserve.
- On Day Four (page 82): What part do you think faith and patience play in our wait as we obey God and look for the "first sprouts of harvest"?
- Day five (page 86): When was the last time you realized you were wasting your energies?
- Day Five (page 87): In one phrase, what do you think Psalm 127:2 is saying?
- Use the last 15 minutes of group to open it up to any prayer requests and close in prayer.
- End the study on time, letting people hang out if you can/want to.
FRIDAY, MAY 6
NTR 2016 is almost here! And we want you to be a part of it!
This is an amazing way to serve the people in our community, and even grow together as a group. Volunteer together and don't miss this incredible event!
- Send around the prayer requests out after group each gathering so they can be praying for each other throughout the week. Encourage them to send around new prayer requests that come up this week.
- Pray for the ladies God has put in your care throughout this week. Reach out to any of the women that God especially puts on your heart and mind. Meet with her if you can.