We’re already half-way through our study, can you believe it? Now is a great time to sit down and evaluate how our groups are going. Take some time to ask yourself...
:: What’s working?
:: What’s not?
:: What would make my group an even better experience?
Invite God into the brainstorming process. He knows you, your group dynamics, and the individual women in your group the best. He will speak to you about what your group needs and how to provide it. It may be more time socializing, more personal vulnerability, or time in prayer. Once you hear from God, start making implementing some small changes.
We are a group of imperfect people pursuing a perfect God. We exist to help each other find and follow Christ. These are some things we want to be true of our group:
We create a safe and honest environment, staying transparent and authentic.
We keep it inside the circle. Confidentiality is necessary for a healthy group.
We look together to the Bible for help and guidance, and keep out our own politics, sales, or agendas.
We do not try to fix each other, preach sermons, or give unsolicited advice. We instead encourage, listen to, and celebrate each other.
We handle conflict between us quickly and honestly by going to the person, owning our part, and practicing forgiveness.
We respect each others’ time by starting and ending when we say we will.
We trust that it is God’s role to change people, not ours.
We believe that in Jesus Christ, there is hope for everyone.
Share the peak (high point) and pit (low point) of your week.
Chapter Recap: To Know God and Believe Him
This week’s topic was to glorify God. We learned that to glorify Him we must resist self-glory or pride. On page 58 Beth Moore writes, “The most effective means the enemy has to keep believers from being full of the Spirit is to keep us full of ourselves.” We are to desire and seek after HIS name and renown, not ours. Isaiah 43:7 says we were created for HIS glory.
- Homework check-in:
- How’s the homework going for everyone?
- Are you making time to get into it?
- How are you finding the material: are enjoying it? Confused by it?
- Flipping through week this week’s homework on “To Glorify God,” what stood out to you the most? Why?
- From Day One: What stuck out to you the most? Why?
- From Day Two, page 55: How has God’s glory changed the course of your life?
- From Day Three, page 59: Let’s imagine our lives if we were completely free from self-glorification. Describe what your life might be like if you never had to struggle with pride?
- From Day Four, page 61: What difference do you see between God’s attitude and yours?
- From Day Five, page 65: Think back to the first person who revealed God to you. What about him or her made God recognizable?
The videos this session preview the homework that you'll do over the next week. Watch them after your discussion! They are all about 15 minutes long.
The videos are on Vimeo, so you can watch them by connecting your computer to your TV with an HDMI cable, or by using a simple casting device like a Chromecast, Roku Stick, Amazon Fire TV Stick, or Apple TV!
“Find Satisfaction in God" (page 71-87)
Use the last 15 minutes of group to ask if anyone has any prayer requests and close in prayer. Send around the prayer requests out to the group so everyone can be praying throughout the week.