We’re already halfway through the spring session of Spark groups... can you believe it? This is a great time to sit down and evaluate how your group is going. Take some time to ask yourself...
What are some things I could do to make it an even greater experience for everyone?
Invite God into this brainstorming process. He knows you, your group dynamics and the individual women in your group the best. He will speak to you about what your group needs the most out of the next couple of weeks. It could be more time socializing, it could be more vulnerability, for my group (Kelly’s) it’s spending more time in prayer together. My group is full of “me too moments,” which I am so thankful for, but I sense God is telling me that the women in my group need to be shown how to take their “stuff” to God. Now that God has spoken clearly about what my group needs, I’m excited to spend some extended time in prayer together this week. I’m hoping and praying it opens up a whole new world of trusting God together.
- Contact any group members who didn’t show up last week, let them know they were missed and encourage them to make it to group this week.
- Pray for the ladies in your group individually. Reach out to any women in your group whom God especially puts on your heart and mind.
- Remind whoever signed up to bring refreshments that it’s their week to bring them!
We are a group of imperfect people pursuing a perfect God. We exist to help each other find and follow Christ. These are some things we want to be true of our group:
- We create a safe and honest environment, staying transparent and authentic.
- We keep it inside the circle. Confidentiality is necessary for a healthy group.
- We look together to the Bible for help and guidance, and keep out our own politics, sales, or agendas.
- We do not try to fix each other, preach sermons, or give unsolicited advice. We instead encourage, listen to, and celebrate each other.
- We handle conflict between us quickly and honestly by going to the person, owning our part, and practicing forgiveness.
- We respect each others’ time by starting and ending when we say we will.
- We trust that it is God’s role to change people, not ours.
- We believe that in Jesus Christ, there is hope for everyone.
- Share the peak (high point) and pit (low point) of your week.
- Conduct a mid-session homework check-in: How’s the homework going for everyone? Are you making time to get into it? How are you finding the material: enjoying it? Confused by it?
- Flipping through week three’s homework on “To Glorify God,” what stood out to you the most? Why?
- From Day One: What stuck out to you the most? Why?
- From Day Two, page 55: How has God’s glory changed the course of your life?
- From Day Three, page 59: Let’s imagine our lives if we were completely free from self-glorification. Describe what your life might be like if you never had to struggle with pride?
- From Day Four, page 61: What difference do you see between God’s attitude and yours?
- From Day Five, page 65: Think back to the first person who revealed God to you. What about him or her made God recognizable?
Next Week's Study
"To Find Satisfaction in God", page 71-87.
The videos this session preview the homework that you'll do over the next week. Watch them after your discussion of the previous week's homework!
The videos are on YouTube, so you can watch them by connecting your computer to your TV with a video cable, or by using a simple casting device like a Chromecast, Roku Stick, Amazon Fire TV Stick, or Apple TV!
- Spend the last 15 minutes of group praying together. Divide into groups of three women. Share prayer requests pertaining to ridding ourselves of our own pride and glorifying God in all we do. Spread out and and have each woman pray 1 Corinthians 10:31 for the person on their right, either out loud or silently. “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it for the glory of God.”
- End the study on time. People can still hang out longer if you’re up for that as the host.
This weekend we heard some big updates on Mission's building, what to expect this fall, and how we can all continue "making space" for the people in our world who don't yet know the hope of Christ. Don't miss the dessert this Saturday to hear more info and ask any questions you may have!
MAKING SPACE DESSERT
SATURDAY, MAY 21 @ 7:00 PM
- Pray for your ladies throughout the week, asking God for any promptings on how He may use you to help draw them closer to Him.
- Contact anyone who didn't show up to group this week, letting them know they were missed and asking if they plan to join you all in the future. Update your CCB group as you hear of additions/subtractions to your group.