We read this statement together before every group discussion. It helps transition the group to discussion time, it reaffirms our highest values, and sets a tone of trust, consistency, and safety for everyone in the group.
We are a group of imperfect people pursuing a perfect God. We exist to help each other find and follow Christ. These are some things we want to be true of our group:
- We create a safe and honest environment, staying transparent and authentic.
- We keep it inside the circle. Confidentiality is necessary for a healthy group.
- We look together to the Bible for help and guidance, and keep out our own politics, sales, or agendas.
- We do not try to fix each other, preach sermons, or give unsolicited advice. We instead encourage, listen to, and celebrate each other.
- We handle conflict between us quickly and honestly by going to the person, owning our part, and practicing forgiveness.
- We respect each others’ time by starting and ending when we say we will.
- We trust that it is God’s role to change people, not ours.
- We believe that in Jesus Christ, there is hope for everyone.
When was the last time you laughed so hard your stomach hurt? What was so funny?
Each week we begin with the question, "What was the most meaningful moment for you this week? It may be a Bible verse, principle, revelation, new understanding, or conviction."
Now turn to page 165 and discuss Session 5 questions as a group.
Turn to page 133 and answer the "Video Group Discussion Questions" together.
Week five's homework starts on page 136, "I Am The True Vine."