We are a group of imperfect people pursuing a perfect God. We exist to help each other find and follow Christ. These are some things we want to be true of our group:
We create a safe and honest environment, staying transparent and authentic.
We keep it inside the circle. Confidentiality is necessary for a healthy group.
We look together to the Bible for help and guidance, and keep out our own politics, sales, or agendas.
We do not try to fix each other, preach sermons, or give unsolicited advice. We instead encourage, listen to, and celebrate each other.
We handle conflict between us quickly and honestly by going to the person, owning our part, and practicing forgiveness.
We respect each others’ time by starting and ending when we say we will.
We trust that it is God’s role to change people, not ours.
We believe that in Jesus Christ, there is hope for everyone.
What was your biggest takeaway from the last six weeks of studying Beth Moore’s Living Free?
CHAPTER RECAP: EXPERIENCING GOD’S PRESENCE
This week’s topic was enjoying God’s Presence. Page 111 reads, “We’ll probably never learn to enjoy our storms, but we can learn to enjoy God’s presence in the storm!” And on page 112 Beth Moore writes, “Only in His presence can you find peace in the midst of the gretest challenges imagainable.”
- Flipping through week six’s homework on “Enjoying God’s Presece,” what stuck out to you the most? Why?
- From Day One, page 109... How have one or more of the first four benefits made changes in your life during the past few weeks? And page 111, Describe a time when you have enjoyed God’s presence, whether or not the circumstances were pleasant.
- From Day Two, page 112... What characteristics of God do you find enjoyable? And page 114, Beth wrote about Satan’s accusations. What Scriptures do you have ready to pray during times of such accusation? If you don’t have a list of Scriptures, how can you find the right one?
- Did anything in particular stick out to you on Day three? If so, what and why do you think it had an impact on you?
- From Day Four, page 120... How much do you struggle with concentrating on your performance instead of God’s person?
- From Day five page 124... Consider your spiritual biography. Describe how each benefit has played out in your relationship with God. (If you couldn’t think of a past example, share a goal instead).
The videos this session preview the homework that you'll do over the next week. Watch them after your discussion! They are all about 15 minutes long.
The videos are on Vimeo, so you can watch them by connecting your computer to your TV with an HDMI cable, or by using a simple casting device like a Chromecast, Roku Stick, Amazon Fire TV Stick, or Apple TV!
“Enjoying God’s Presence" (page 109-127)
Use the last 15 minutes of group to ask if anyone has any prayer requests and close in prayer. Send around the prayer requests out to the group so everyone can be praying throughout the week.